- Bananas can help you feel happy by improving your mood. They help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin.
- They are high in blood-pressure lowering potassium and very low in salt.
- They provide relief for GI distress. Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn, and GERD.
- Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar and may help against binge eating.
- Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing protection from free radicals and chronic disease.
- Eat a banana before a workout or an exam. The high levels of potassium will help protect against muscle cramps and help keep you more alert.
- The banana peel when applied directly to bites will help relieve the itching. They are also known to help remove a wart.
- Your shoes or silverware need a little shine? To polish, apply the inside of the banana peel and buff out with a clean cloth. (Source: Food Matters)
- With all their health benefits bananas are one of least expensive fruits that we can buy.
I welcome any questions, sharing or comments you may have.
By Danielle Manibog
"It's all about the small things in life 'tidbits' that make us who we are"
Live, Laugh, Love
© Copyright 2014-2017 -Tidbits 4a Better Life. All rights reserved.