But as we became adults, time out is more of a needed luxury. We have learned to enjoy the few time outs that we can give ourselves.
Here are 7 ways to take some time out and reenergize yourself:
1. Blend yourself a great smoothie, sip and enjoy all the great flavors while siting quietly for a few minutes.
2. Play with your kids, outside, at the park, hide and seek or tag, inside with a Wii or board game.
3. Get your hair done, a manicure or both. Let someone else pamper you for a while.
4. Enjoy a relaxing bubble bath with music of choice. Just make sure to hang your do not disturb sign.
5. Put your favorite uplifting music and dance to it. Just go for it even if somebody is watching. You can always enjoy a good laugh.
6. Take a short cat-nap. Usually 10 to 15 minutes will do wonders.
7. Take an "Artist Break". This can be done pretty much anywhere, in any special area of your home or even outside. Some like to go to their special local coffee spot.
Just pick a place where you feel most comfortable to be with yourself, to read, write, journal, doodle, sketch or even to do some coloring in your new adult coloring book.
Do whatever inspires you to give yourself that much needed time out.
By Danielle Manibog
"It's all about the small things in life 'tidbits' that make us who we are"
Live, Laugh, Love
© Copyright 2014-2015 -Tidbits 4a Better Life. All rights reserved.